Поиск по этому блогу

понедельник, 11 апреля 2016 г.

8 form

Exercise 2 
Change the complex sentences into simple ones using complex objects.

Model:
A: I think that the flat is very cosy.
B: I think the flat to be very cosy.
  1. I think that a shower is a most important convenience. 
  2. I think that our water supply is not good.
  3. I saw that he pressed the bell.
  4. I did not expect that they would come in time. 
  5. I watched how he spoke on the phone. 
  6. He heard that the telephone rang. 
  7. I saw that he took out his latch-key. 
  8. She believed that he had stolen her money to pay his debts.
  9. He wants that this work will be done. 
Answer key:
  1. I think a shower to be a most important convenience. 
  2. I think our water supply not to be good. 
  3. I saw him press the bell. 
  4. I did not expect them to come in time. 
  5. I watched him speak on the phone.
  6. He heard the telephone ring. 
  7. I saw him take out his latch-key. 
  8. She believed him to have stolen her money to pay his debts. 
  9. He wants this work to be done. 
Exercise 3
Combine the following sentences using either Complex Object or that-clause (pay attention to Sequence of tenses).
  1. They haven’t seen. The railway accident occurred near the station. 
  2. I heard. They argued about different tastes in art. 
  3. I see. Your tastes differ greatly. 
  4. We heard. He made a report on his new discovery. 

Answer key
  1. They haven’t seen the railway accident have occurred near the station.  - They haven’t seen that the railway accident had occurred near the station. 
  2. I heard them argue about different tastes in art. / I heard them arguing about different tastes in art. - I heard that they argued about different tastes in art. 
  3. I see your tastes differ greatly. - I see that your tastes differ greatly. 
  4. We heard him make a report on his new discovery. / We heard him making a report on his new discovery. - We heard that he made a report on his new discovery. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий